Maybe… Maybe… A girl idol group can finally beat JE?

AKB48’s latest single “Iiwake Maybe” has earned the No. 1 spot on Oricon on the first day of their release, beating SMAP while at it!!! And for all of you who said that AKB sold big numbers just because of the handshakes, there have been no events held this time, so it’s all “fair game”!!!

Congratulations to our girls, I’m super happy to see them achieve this huge goal. Iiwake Maybe is a good song, albeit a little generic, while the B-side, Tobenai Agehachou is amazing and brings us back to the time when AKB did sultry songs as A-sides.

Please remember to support the girls and buy the single if you can, it’s really worth it, if only for the HAACHAN IN THE BSIDE OMG!!!!

akb48-maybe

9 Comments

1. Comment by Para on August 26, 2009 9:22 pm

yeah,you are right,just as you wrote in this article,i was shocked when i first saw that numble..oh my god!!!on the first day,those girls beat SMAP,i guess anybody who knows a bit little of J-POP would understand how mighty group the smap it is…i really hope this single would reach another better goal..hahahha..i like those girls..because i can see the bright and sunshine behind their sweat….

2. Comment by Cat on August 27, 2009 4:24 am

^I agree with you 😀 They’re down to No. 2 today, but it was fun while it lasted anyway XD

3. Comment by Para on August 27, 2009 4:46 am

hahha,yeah,because you know,if you comparing AKB with SMAP,just like comparing a little kitty and tiger XDDD maybe its a very weird imagination,but….i just say it XDDDD
    im a chinese AKB48 fan Para,feel so happy to find your blog as i googled AKB48 yesterday.hahahha..who is your favorite member? hmmm..as for me..i have a lot..Ono Erena,Meetan,Asuka,sae,sayaka and takahashi minami …

4. Comment by apu on August 27, 2009 11:09 am

HELL YES NUMBER ONE!!!!!
    I LOVE THAT SINGLE AND THE B-SIDE KICK-ASS TO AS WELL

5. Comment by Cat on August 27, 2009 3:10 pm

My favorite member is Oshima Yuko. After her I love Akimoto Sayaka, Katayama Haruka, Nakaya Sayaka and Kasai Tomomi the most 😀

But you do have great taste in girls though 😀

6. Comment by norsharoha bt norhisam on August 28, 2009 5:27 pm

kawaii….

7. Comment by JIFF on August 31, 2009 10:24 am

Indeed 言い訳Maybe is fairly generic, but I love those outfits.
    Sadly that was the last time we saw Ohori in the singles.

I believe that all this reshuffle thing is aiming to improve awareness of the members and keep akb bringin lots of money

8. Comment by HPMS on September 3, 2009 5:58 pm

Iiwake is pretty plain and if it wasn’t for Tobenai Agehachou (with Haachan and Rumi!! OMG!!! … did I mention Rumi was in it? 😀 ^^;) I wouldn’t have bought it.

It’s nice they hit #1, but I’d really like to see them to get a solid #1 song with something a less generic. I think if they could make a single that is true to AKB’s style of songs (something slightly naughty and playful, while still being cute), something that people hear and automatically think ‘That sounds like an AKB song’, then they could have a such a high #1 that they might as well have #2 and #3 😀

9. Comment by Cat on September 3, 2009 7:50 pm

^Tobenai Agehachou is love <3 HAACHAN FTW!!!

Comments RSS

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Aitakatta! is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu