*drumroll* Blogging Surprise!

LOL what a lame title… The thing is that I’m extra bored stuck in this hellhole of a city right now, so I’m doing the weirdest things to keep my sanity in check. The project I’m working on right now is this: TRANSLATING AX09 COMMENTARY!!!!

I’m sure that most of you won’t read this block of text kind of entries, but I had a lot of fun listening to this comments, and it can actually change your view on some of the girls to get to know their opinions a bit more. For example, I never cared much for Chikarina, but after reading all of her loving entries about Team K I can’t help but really ADORE this girl. So perhaps you can find this bits insightful? Some are a bit funny, even! Here’s the first part, so Enjoy!

First Part ft. Tomochin, Erepyon and Mayuyu

• Kasai actually plays the harmonica in Tomo yo, according to Pyon’s version of the Facts
  • Erena loves Mr. Kissman so much that she thinks it should be a single
  • Erena has a really hard time understanding the Word “suifu” (sailor) she swears that it’s “Mizu” (water )XD
  • Tomomi, Kana and Erena couldn’t get the “Nounai Paradise” dance right, so they were always practicing more than the other girls
  • The girls pestered Akimoto a lot and asked him what was the meaning of Takeuchi senpai, and he answered that the song was based on a rumor, and the title is simply because Takeuchi is one of the most common last names in Japan
  • The “rutitarururatatadiida” part in the lyrics of “Hissatsu Teleport” lyrics is supposed to be a Spell that can teleport you next to the person you love. That’s cute
  • Maimai was apparently very nervous when she had to sing “Haru ga Kuru Made” and the dress is supposed to resemble a butterfly
  • Erena: OMFG I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH WHAT SHOULD I DO WHAT SHOULD I DO??? The others: O_O Erena: I REALLY WANT TO SING HUGURASHI NO KOI AT A SHUFFLE CONCERT!!!! The others: * blabbering about oshimeshi* poor Erena XD
  • Sayaka’s nostalgic gaze in Mail no Namida is the cutest thing ever *__* Also, the girls feel that this song sounds very grown up and not so AKB-ish
  • “Rider” is a very nostalgic song sung by the “Big Sister Team” (speaking of which, all of the girls in Rider have already graduated… Rider curse anyone?) Tomochin thinks that it must be worrisome for the girls to watch out for their sunglasses because they can’t let them fall down XD
  • The girls feel that Return Match is exceedingly cool. Erena and Tomochin wish to play a guy role because they love the costume while Mayuyu would rather be a girl, of course.
  • The girls talk about “Skirt, Hirari” and how it’s the original theater version. Tomochin states that these are the A1 costumes and then they go on about how they all have performed this song at different times…

Please do comment about this post if you’re interested in reading the rest, and if you guys aren’t, then I’ll just post it anyway because I’ve already translated most of it XD (oh yeah, and I know that I totally overuse the “XD” emoticon. So what. Sue me or something)

10 Comments

1. Pingback by Dolorous Haze - Blog Archive » Aitakatta! Has A Blogging Surprise on September 25, 2009 11:13 am

[…] Aitakatta! » *drumroll* Blogging Surprise!. […]

2. Comment by sekaru on September 26, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks for this article !
    I also had a lot of fun listening to them but I didn’t get everything even if I’ve watched it many times xD
    These comments teach us a lot about the girls and the way we can perceive them, I love the principle.
    Waiting for the rest, please *_*

3. Comment by max on September 26, 2009 11:28 am

You should definitely translate the rest of the commentary 😀 maybe a song by song thing. . . even if that would take a long time ):

4. Comment by clockface on September 26, 2009 2:24 pm

AKB48 translations are never a bad thing so please continue. I thoroughly enjoyed your blow by blow review of the songs of AX 09 and now with this it will make your review of this concert complete. And also this is a great service to all foreign fans, making us just a bit closer to being toe to toe with out Japanese brothers and sisters. GO CAT!

5. Comment by Valerie on September 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Thank you very much for the translations!!
    And yes, keep posting them. My japanese is pretty basic and I’m sure lost of fans will appreciate it.

About the comments:
    I would like to see Erena doing Higurashi no Koi :D, I’m sure she could pull it off if she’s paired with the right girl.
    And, wasn’t Takeuchi Senpai another L type song? Were the girls suspecting that aswell?

6. Comment by Cat on September 27, 2009 9:29 am

Yeah, Takeuchi is a girl, actually, even though it’s never said in the song. So the girls were of course talking about how this is supposedly an L love song based on real facts XD

7. Comment by joyce on September 27, 2009 11:52 am

I’m really glad you’re doing translations of their commentary! I’ve been planning on watching it with the commentary, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it yet, because I won’t know what they’re talking about at all. XD So thanks a lot for your translation!! <3

I really like hearing the girls talking amongst themselves too. It makes them shine!

8. Comment by RSL on October 1, 2009 8:00 pm

I just now saw that you were doing these. Sorry. I’ve read up to 2.2. They’re amazing. Thank you. Is there one with any Natsuki in it?

9. Comment by Cat on October 2, 2009 5:53 pm

Sure! It’s amazing, and it’s coming soon!!! 😀 You’re gonna love it!

10. Pingback by Yatta! For AKB48 Setlist 2009 DVD Audio Commentary Translations « International Wota on October 6, 2009 3:48 pm

[…] *drumroll* Blogging Surprise! (Aitakatta!) Disc 1 pt. 2, Disc 2 pt. 1, Disc 2 pt. 2, Disc 3 pt. 1, Disc 3 pt. 2 […]

Comments RSS

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Aitakatta! is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu