Hello! Sorry I haven’t updated daily, but my bf is visiting me so I’ve been a bit busy But now we’ll take a look at the under girls for this election, who are the girls who barely made it into senbatsu and the second best category overall.
#32. SKE48 Team KII – Ogiso Shiori 9596 votes (new) “It’s the first time I stand on this stage, and I want to really treasure this place you all gave me”
And the first one is Gomatan from KII, which works great for me because I think she’s lovely and a great performer (but very few girls aren’t good performers in SKE anyway). I’m also happy to see KII having a bunch of members who ranked because they are my favorite SKE Team <3 Go girls!
#31. SKE48 Team S – Kizaki Yuria 10554 votes (new) “I’m happy that a lot of SKE members are part of Under Girls!”
Yuria has had quite a rise in the past year, no? If my memory serves me correctly, she was featured in one of the B-sides of Give Me Five (most likely NEW SHIP but I’m too sleepy to check right now). I don’t really think much about her, sure, she’s cute, but she’s not my kind of favorite idol. Regardless, good for her, and I hope she can continue to use her push to become more popular and get closer to her dreams, whatever those are.
#30. SKE48 Team KII – Furukawa Airi 11179 votes (new)“Together with chibi Airin I could rank thanks to your support!”
Airin ;A; she’s another one of my KII favorites, and I’d been honestly bummed because she hadn’t ranked before considering how she’s a front girl in SKE and also how her personality is so fantastic and amusing, and she has a great voice! I’m super happy that this might mean she’s going to get a little more exposure for the casual and AKB fans to notice her great talents and start supporting her more because really, she’s one of a kind, and that’s hard to say in a group like AKB and co.
#29. SKE48 Team S – Suda Akari 11323 votes (+7 positions +5980 votes) “I really love all of your smiles in performances, handshake events, blogs”
Akari is as bright and uber smily as usual, and because I’m a souless bitch devoid of all emotion, I genuinely wonder if her face ever hurts from all that smiling! It’s kind of insane, but also adorable ofc. She broke down in the middle of her speech, I think she was really moved that she could rank for a second time and especially considering how many drops there were this year, rising so many positons and especially more than doubling your votes must be a fantastic sense of accomplishment, so good for her and her fans. She was also a darling smiling and nodding when the other SKE members were giving their speeches. So sweet.
#28. SKE48 Team S – Yagami Kumi 11712 votes (new -ranked in 2010-) “I was told by many fans at handshake events: “This year please stand on stage with a smile on your face” so here I am standing on this stage and smiling, thank you very much!”
These last 2 years or so have been a rollercoaster ride for Kuumin, who started out as the third most popular member in SKE but her momentum was slowed because of a purikura scandal that had the management push her to the back for a while. However, and proving that she can come back from her ashes like a phoenix (har har har) she had a great role in Majisuka Gakuen 2 where she reprised her inept but endearing Dance character and she also won the voice acting auditions and is doing a fantastic job giving life to Sonata, the obnoxious brat of AKB0048. I’m relieved to hear a success story in the 48 groups, even if I don’t care that much for Kumi personally, she’s a great girl and she’s worked hard to earn back her position, so good job!
#27. SKE48 Team S – Oya Masana 12142 votes (+3 positions +5482 votes) “Today is the year when I’ve been able to rank the highest, and it’s also the year when I’ve been able to stand with the biggest number of fans”
Not a surprise at all since Masana has been ranking for like 3 years already IIRC. Good for her or something, but since I’m pretty meh about her in general, I’ll take this opportunity to tell you guys about the strategy SKE48 fans used to make sure so many of their girls got ranked! The thing is that SKE released a summer themed single called “Aishiteraburu” and surprisingly, it didn’t keep the trend but sold less than its predecessor, not by a humongous margin or anything, but big enough to be kind of weird. So what I’ve heard is that SKE fans refrained from buying a lot of copies of Aishiteraburuu in order to buy more ManaGuu CDs and be able to power vote their favorite SKE members! That’s some dedication right there! Pretty impressive!
#26. AKB48 Team B – Masuda Yuka 13166 votes (-6 positions -971 votes) “because last year I was given the fantastic position of 21, I could finally be a senbatsu and a new bright world opened in front of me, and thanks to that I could experience many different things. By being 26 I want to experience new things too and make them wonderful”
Yuka was visibly affected by her drop, and she looked quite sad poor girl. I have no idea why she lost so many votes either, considering how it was a relatively good year for her with her significant position in DiVA accounting for a big chunk of her PR. Her speech was very honest and I liked it a lot, but I wish she could rank higher because she is one of the most talented girls in AKB, and I wish people noticed that more about her. Umechan and Sae’s expressions during her speech were so painful.
#25. SKE48 Team KII – Hata Sawako 13920 votes (+8 positions +7803 votes) “That you chose me from so many different girls it’s really something I’m very happy about, thank ou very much”
Aaaaand the SKE domination continues! I’m not particularly fond of Sawako, or at least, I wasn’t because she made me anxious just seeing her so nervous in her MCs and stuff, but I think she’s grown quite a lot and is now much better at delivering her thoughts without sounding or having the preverbal language of someone who is about to have a meltdown. I really like her in AKB0048 although she’s basically playing herself lol and she’s been a fan favorite since forever, so it’s no surprise, really.
#24. SKE48 Team KII – Takayanagi Akane 14111 votes (-1 position +2437 votes) “I came here thinking I would like to be in senbatsu, but that dream didn’t come true”
I really liked Churi’s speech, and her classy behaviour. She looked happy even though I think she must’ve been very frustrated with her ranking, especially because she dropped. On the other hand, she gained a bunch of new votes, which is a good thing, all things considered. Churi’s speech about her dreams, and especially about how her dream of having a new stage for KII had came true after she voiced it on the stage was very cute. I love everything about her, and I hope she can rise by next year, I’m sure the fact that so many new positions opened hurt her because people wanted to vote for their KII oshi instead of powervoting the captain, but I’m still glad she ranks high enough because she’s always a joy to watch.
#23. AKB48 Team 4 – Shimazaki Haruka 14633 votes (new -ranked in 2010-) “Team 4 and Shimazaki Haruka will continue to move forward from now on”
Paruru is such a mystery to me sometimes. She’s cute but has a kind of aloof aura that is a bit hard to figure out. Her speech was very simple and straightforward, but it sounded a bit formulaic, somehow? She’s gotten quite a bit of backlash for her seemingly despondent attitude, but I think that’s just who she is in a way, she’s not a very openly driven girl from what I’ve seen of her. I’ve also read that there are comparisons between her meagre sppech and Minarun’s, but their situations are completely different. Minarun had a scandal and was suspended on top of not even having the “qualitites” needed to be a captain and being appointed that. Obviously she had a significant drop, but I think she was just trying to wrap it up in a humble manner because everyone allowed her to come back. Paruru on the other hand, didn’t even rank last year but got a HUGE push this year that ended up giving her a great position in UG, but she doesn’t seem to care for it much or at least show it anyway.
#22. AKB48 Team A – Kuramochi Asuka 14852 votes (-1 position +2465 votes) “With everyone’s support I want to little by little, step by step, continue in my own way to the top”
Mocchi was also really bad at faking her disappointment, poor girl. When Churi was giving her speech, Yuka and Mocchi by her sides were on the verge of tears, it was really depressing. What I think it’s remarkable about her is her election speech for this year; I won’t lie and say that I watched all of those because lol but you know, I did watch hers and it really stood out to me how she said that fans were constantly asking her if it was better to be in the back of senbatsu or in the front og UG. Now, I’ve heard many fans saying that it’s much better to have visibility in UG, but Asuka’s answer is very telling of how their AKB gig works for them: She said that it was better to be in senbatsu regardless because that way you get to go on TV and promote with the others regardless of your screentime. It was a tough year for her since French Kiss was so inactive and she doesn’t really have much more going on for her. Let’s hope she can make a comeback next year because it makes me sad to see her looking so gloomy.
#21. AKB48 Team A – Sato Amina 17009 votes (-3 positions +435 votes) “I vowed to myself that I wouldn’t cry tonight, but, everyone, listen to me! These aren’t tears of frustration, they are tears of happiness!”
Amina is such a trooper ;A; the fact that the management cut back on the senbatsu was definitely a bit of a slap in the face for both Amina and Sayaka, who are the girls who constantly got voted into senbatsu by the fans even though the management isn’t so fond of them. Amina’s speech was too long and too amazing and articulate to translate it fully and choosing a part of it was tough! I loved when she talked about how she’s aware that AKB has changed and now has a bunch of sister groups and a lot more members than it used to have way back when. Also, her comment about wanting to make a song that, like Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara, surpassed the A-side in AX is pure awesomeness. This girl is fantastic.
#20. AKB48 Team K – Akimoto Sayaka 19121 votes (-3 positions +1967 votes) “This 20th rank I want to accept it humbly and I’ve really felt your love in these past 4 years”
Sayaka out of senbatsu ;_; she is obviously the classiest most amazing person in AKB ever, but the fact that she dropped was also something that I think all of us saw coming. Sayaka never really completely bounced back from her scandal, especially considering that it had a really bad timing, when King Records AKB was pushing her out like crazy because they wanted cutesy pretty idols instead of badass chicks. Sayaka is truly humble and thankful through her whole speech, and the disappointed looks in Umechan and Sae’s faces are pretty heart breaking ;_; I hope UG at least get a great song and make it so that she can be seen in the PV because I have a feeling she might be leaving the group soon and I’d love for her to have a nice send off.
#19. NMB48 Team N – Watanabe Miyuki 19159 votes (new) “I’ll keep working hard so that I can become the best idol of the world!”
SAYAKA WAS SOOOOO CLOSE! Ehem. Well, good for Milky, it’s a great thing to be a favorite of the manager when they are willing to overlook a breach of contract or the rules or whatever because they see enough star power and potential in a girl to take a chance with her. Milky had a great showing, and it has to do with how she’s been bumped back to her spot as NMB frontgirl and was given her own solo song as a B-side. Also, it looks like she’s going to be the center in the new NMB single, which makes me feel kinda bad for Sayanee but oh well.
#18. NMB48 Team N – Yamamoto Sayaka 23020 votes (+10 positions +14323 votes) “I won’t say I’m sorry, I’ll say thank you very much!”
Sayanee reminds me a lot of my best friend because of her honesty. I really adore this quality of her, she’s a very transparent person and I think that makes her one of the greatest captains in the 48 groups. Her speech was equal parts heartbreaking and touching, considering how ambivalent it was she managed to voice her frustration while she remained graceful and thankful through and through. One of the things that stood out the most from her speech was how she said that she felt a lot of pressure to rank in senbatsu because she was in senbatsu for the singles last year with AKB and she felt that she was sorry that she was a nuisance to her seniors but she’ll try really hard to learn from them and become better and better. I think she had one of the biggest increases in votes when compared to last year, and I’m sure she’ll do fantastically this year as well (she was SO close to being UG center too!)
#17. AKB48 Team A – Takajo Aki 23803 votes (-5 positions -7926 votes) “Even if I’m not in senbatsu, the feelings I want to convey to you and my performance won’t change”
Wow. This is one of the most significant drops in the whole election because the she fell from media senbatsu straight to under girls, and lost a lot of votes in the process. To be honest, I didn’t really see it coming, although I wondered if she would still rank high considering how she’s had no chance to showcase her abilities much this year what with French Kiss being almost completely inactive for a large part of this last year. Still, Akicha is a great girl and I hope she really listens to her own speech and takes this as an opportunity to seize further chances and move up again next year.
So there you have them, the under girls! Sorry about the delay, I had a lot of trouble getting free time to write this up, but I hope I can get senbatsu up here too by friday. Thank you!
First of all, a shoutout to Idolminded! Ray Mescallado’s latest Wotasphere community effort! Please go visit the site, it looks amazing and there are tons of great new ideas being implemented, it’s pretty awesome.
Well, let’s continue with the review of Disc 2! The funny thing is, I didn’t want to make it too long because I’m the Queen of TL;DR, but I wrote all my comments while I was watching the videos in TextEdit, and I had a tiny window so I was like “wow, I’m writing a ton of lines about every song, I’ve gotta stop or nobody is going to read it!” and now that I paste it in this normal sized window I just wrote like 2 words about everything lol /coolstorysis
Anyway, this part of the concert is less interesting because it has no new songs, but it has a single selection from 2009 that made me weep with nostalgia ;A; (figuratively speaking, last time I cried when something AKB related happened was when Ue Kara Mariko was released and I shed tears for buying three copies of that sucky single. Ugh, I want to cry remembering it now!)
1. MIN MIN MIN: I had forgotten about the weird cicada costumes! I liked this song, it sounded clubby, but the whispery vocals are kind of strange and Serina’s voice isn’t my cup of tea.
2. MC by SDN: Serina looks a lot like Nocchi with that haircut, it’s weird. Poor girls not knowing what was ahead of them
3. Yasai Uranai: OMG. This was the reason why I bought the Flying Get theater edition CD hahaha. it got here completely crushed, so sad! Anyway, these outfits are even worse than the Yasai Sisters ones, but the cheap tropical background music is awesome to me! Also, Jurina, cover up a bit child, you’re gonna get pneumonia.
4. Ougon Center: Oh my, everybody and their dog was all over this song when it came out, while I was kinda meh about it, but it has grown on me. Miyu was such a perfect center, it’s a shame that the idol world is so ridiculously shallow because she’s amazing Kato Rena continues to look like she couldn’t care less about performing Idk why I bother trying to look for her, I keep hoping that maybe it’s like with Acchan and cameramen just focus on her while she’s not smiling, but what are the odds?
5. Anti: Ranran and Nakamatta are perfect <3 That raised platform is freaking me out again haha. This song is good, and I’m still butthurt about Miyu being demoted from center for shallow reasons, it breaks my heart. I can’t help but thinking that the chorus of this song sounds way too much like Kobushi no Seigi, that takes away a bit from my enjoyment, but it’s still fantastic that it doesn’t sound like a Ponytail knock off like all recent UG songs.
6. Lemon to Toshigoro: Nattsun <3 Wakanyan <3 I’ve seen this song performed so much that I don’t even know what else to say.
7. Miniskirt no Yousei: Nothing can beat the original 3, but I love Saeed-Yokota Erena if only because we look alike a bit hahaha
8. Romance Kakurenbo: Wow. Jo Eriko sounds live Major props for her (although this isn’t a hard song to sing, all her senpais have lip synched even their spoken lines). Wait no, she is lip synching too, then she sounds like crap even recorded? I don’t know what to think anymore. She’s cute, her awkward out of place grin at the end of the song made me smile.
9. Everyday Katyusha: Wheee favorite AKB single of 2011! Although that’s not too hard, seeing how I only liked this one and Kazefui fufufu. Ohh man, this song is amazing, and it reminds me of the last months of my old job, and my best friend who is now in another country… When I got this single I went to the mall and bought like 10 headbands, no kidding. I collect them now, and it’s all because of this song, I just love it so so much.
10. BINGO!: Oh man. Blast to the past! Look at Kato Rena on the first line not even smiling once! Why yes, I am rather pressed about her, thank you for asking. I love the costumes with the balloon skirts! Oh wait she did smile in the chorus! I’m glad, because I don’t want to hate on a 14 year old girl, especially one who looks like she might be the next center of the group Ranran is so amazing, why don’t more people see this? Iriyama Anna is great too, why don’t I know more about her? SKE in the car things is huh… weird?
11. Namida Surprise: Unpopular girls version? I’m all over this although I don’t even like this song that much. Yonechan lol Happy Birthday to you, this song annoys me so much because I’m bitter and hate birthdays.
12. Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara: Everyone’s favorite UG song. I have to admit that it is pretty damn awesome! Akicha used to be so promising and be everywhere and now I only see Sashihara shoved down my throat all the time. Granted, I haven’t really been keeping up with TV shows or LODs since like 6 months ago, but it’s so weird to see her as center here! God this line up is like a reminder of all the failed pushes in AKB D:
13. 10nen Zakura: Unpopular girls version again! I’m loving this! I think it’s cute how they have Sakura shaped pink spotlights hehe. I love this song so much ;A; and I haven’t heard it in so long ;A; Maimai ;A; Mariyannu reminds me a lot of Anna Paquin! It has been bothering me for a while, but now I know who it is. Random, I know.
14. Iiwake Maybe: My favorite single of 2009 ;A; oh man, this song brings back a lot of memories for me, it’s beautiful. Wait Akicha is here? Who is she replacing? What?
15. Ponytail to Shushu: Everyone together! This song is great, but it’s been a bit overperformed at this point in my opinion. The crowd seems to love it though, so who am I to judge? That stage is HUGE. I mean, really, I can’t get over how much running they’ve done, surely if they were singing live they would sound like crap lol
16. Heavy Rotation: ICONIC SONG, best of their discography, legendary etc. They are divided in teams, although I’m not entirely sure all of SKE is on stage (I think it’s just W Matsui with Team A). Yuko is the most amazing idol ever in the history of mankind and I don’t care if you disagree. lol that screencap. I swear every time I tried to catch one of Yuko all I got was one of Acchan, so whatever.
17. Flying Get: I love those golden dresses, even though I hate gold and yellow IRL, they looked so pretty! The fire looks intense! But I don’t want to imagine how hot that stage got Ahh I like this song, it had some sort of danceable rhythm going on underneath the pop, and it’s very catchy.
18. RIVER: Wth is this? Girls running to line up behind each other, looks like they’re pushing each other? Then they raise their hands and wave while a clock ticks in the background, then they fall down and wut? This is trippy. More fire all over the place! This song is fantastic, 2009 was a great year I miss this AKB I like their spiffed uniforms! The glittery hoodies are a great choice.
19. Beginner: Another great song haha. Acchan center, as expected. I can’t help but sing along to this song, it’s one of my favorites. No screencap of this one because I was singing along and dancing and forgot to take one. Oops.
20. MC: Still talking about how they are glad to be in Seibu Dome and how they feel thankful and whatever. Meh.
21. Dakishimechaikenai: Ahh, the last undergirls song I can tell apart from the others. I really loved its PV so maybe that’s why it stuck so much with me. I forgot Akarin was in this Umechan is channeling the Mad Hatter there, but I have no qualms with that hoho.
22. Aisu no Kuchizuke: Ohhhh I love this song! The chorus is so great <3 Poor Yukirin getting shafted :s but at least this isn’t as blasphemous as Selection 6 :s and the song is great, while Sweet & Bitter falls short.
23. MC: Sayaka and Yukirin. They are talking about how their teams are and then call the captains of SKE, NMB and guess what they talk about? Yeah, being nervous and feeling the pressure of performing in the Dome lol. After that all the members come out to perform the next song.
24. Korekara Wonderland: This song is alright, it’s kind of groovy, but it should be more fast paced for me to really LOVE it. It’s still nice to see it performed by everyone in the huge stage, kind of like a celebration or something. My screencapping skills are awesome.
25. Koko ni Ita Koto: Anata ga Ite Kureta kara is the superior ballad, but I guess this one is ok. Kind of unremarkable and forgettable (like most of its album namesake) but well, it’s expected of them to close the concert with this song and makes sense.
Thoughts: And so ends the first day. It was interesting for me because I had never seen the album songs performed, but I wasn’t happy with the lack of stage songs. The sister groups were amazing and the 2009 singles a great walk down memory lane for me, although they got a bit boring, and I think I’m skipping the second half of the next two days if it’s the same singles over and over again (ofc it will be, I just know it). Overall good, but I wouldn’t buy it again lol
So here’s the thing. I’ve never watched the Seibu Dome concert until now. Shock. Well see, I bought it and it was lost by the mail people here in Colombia, so I was really pissed off and didn’t even want to think about it. Also, well, the setlist was nothing to write home about and there’s only so many performances of Ponytail to Shushu I can watch in one year without wanting to rip my eyeballs out. However, with the whole Acchan graduation shakeup thing I’ve been in an AKB high so I decided to cave in and watch it, and since I’m spending a LOT of time in that already then I thought I might as well review it.
Yes, I know that everybody saw it already and no1curr about my late review, but whatever, it will keep my mind occupied because I’m really anxious right now. Anyway, here we go:
Seibu Dome Disc 1
1. Overture: Just the usual, the venue looks huge and I like how organized it is, nothing like the concerts here at Parque Simón Bolívar lol.
2. Majisuka Skit: God. this was sooooo hard to watch. I was dying of secondhand embarrassment when Team Hormone and Team Fondue were facing each other. It was beyond awful. I did like the car thingies they wheeled them in though, very expensive-looking.
So, anyway Team Hormone and Fondue start shouting things at each other (including Frrrrresh Yankii ni naritai no~ ugh kill me now) and then they hug each other. After that, everyone in the second season makes a small appearance with a line or two (Including Queens Yui and Nakamatta <3). It’s basically a staged reunion thing where it looks like Shibuya is still the head of Yabakune and supposed to fight Majijo? I don’t care, and I’m not watching it again to understand lol.
3. Yankii Soul: This song is pathetic compared to Majisuka Rock and Roll and Majijo Teppen Blues, but at least it’s catchy? I like the use of the huge building on stage, it definitely looks impressive. I’m amused by Yuko’s srs face while everyone else seems to acknowledge that this song is a trainwreck.
4. Seishun to Kizukanai Mama: For the ballad they dim the lights and the main cast sings while the rest act like they are in the school or something. It’s cute, and I’ve always had a soft spot for this song even though it’s cheesiness is only highlighted here, so I’m alright with this. They hug at the end, how touching!
5. Majijo Teppen Blues: Now we’re talking! lol they are lip synching to the spoken parts! I don’t know if I should praise their professionalism when it comes to miming or be amazed that they won’t even let them speak live. YASSSSS Yui taking Erena’s line! TAKE THAT HATERS!!! (j/k but I’ve never understood why some Erena fans hate Yui so much when Ono decided to leave on her own accord. Did they expect her to never ever have a replacement and all the songs she ever sung to be retired from AKB’s discography? Pffff.)
6. Majisuka Rock and Roll: I’m getting BORED of this Majisuka thing already. The building thing is decorated with lots of bright lights, looks really cool when combined with the rest of the lighting on stage. This song gave me life during my internship, god that was so long ago I feel old ugh.
7. MC: Takamina is so presh and earnest, I love her. They’re rambling about how they are nervous to be performing in the dome but how honored they are to be there. Sayaka is so hyper! Bless her heart!
LOL at Nachu’s wing thing ripping apart and filling the stage with polystyrene, AKB is kind of awesome for this kind of bloopers.
8. Shoujotachi yo: After everything that happened (or more like didn’t happen) in 2011, I came to the realization today that this was my favorite song of last year, and it wasn’t even a single lol. The lyrics are the usual cheesy “don’t give up” thing, but the PV was so amazing, and they work so hard ;A: I kind of hate these dresses though, too ruffly and they look tie dyed and made of a cheap fabric. Ew. Oh wait, it’s not tie dye, it’s stars! They still look gross though.
9. High School Days: Team 4 and KKS sing this one. Koko ni Ita Koto was a real flop musically for me, but this song stood out in all of its plain glory to me. It’s just a really typical idol song, but it still carries a nostalgic feeling I like. Ugh I see Kato Rena not even pretending to care as always WHYYYYYYYYYY
10. Wagamama Collection: Jurina looks so out of place in cute songs! I always said it ever since she joined the 48 family and they put her in a lot of cute stuff because of her age. This gimmicky and lolicon number is adorable, and Mayu has definitely mastered her craft, she’s completely charming. I always forget Komori is a loli and Maeda Ami definitely doesn’t look like one, but they’re trying I guess. I’m sad that Suuchan isn’t going more places, she’s practically wasting her best loli years without a subunit. Oh, and I didn’t say anything about Aika, she’s the usual, very cute.
11. Ningyo no Vacance: My favorite album unit song! God I remember laying on the beach and listening to this, it’s so soothing and chilling! I didn’t remember Kitarie and Yuka being in here, but ok. I don’t have much to say, the water jets are a nice touch, and so are the girls in bikinis in the pool. This set is insane wow.
12. Kaze no yukue: I like this song, it’s alright if a little underwhelming. I wanted Yuko to get something better as a unit but whatever. I hate Miichan’s outfit and love Yuko’s. The dance is a lot more fast paced than I thought it would be, but I like it, except for the excessive twirling around. Water jets are purdy! lol unfortunate screencap is unfortunate
13. Iikagen no Susume: When I saw this line up I thought they’d get something fierce, but uh… That didn’t really happen. At least this song sounds more grown up than the others? Now I remember why I didn’t like the album much, it’s not that the songs are bad, they’re all alright, but none of them stands out (except for Ningyo no Vacance obviously). These outfits are fug, it’s so rare for Sae to be the best dressed at something
14. Kimi to Boku no Kankei: Ahhh those were the days! When Acchan and Tomochin were the only soloists. I actually love this song, it’s so early 2000′s sounding, and the random english kills me. Tomochin looks so happy here, she’s adorable. Sorry that my screencaps are the derpiest ever btw, this new version of VLC confused my poor brain. BTW, if that scandal about Tomochin and the EXILE guy is true, we’re looking at our next 2 AKB graduates
15. MC by Team B: I love Yukirin, but she’s so un-captain-y compared to the other 2 (Minarun wasn’t a captain back here xD) Kitarie is leading this MC. Oh man, that’s Nacchan there, heartbreaking They keep talking about how awesome it is to be in the Dome, and then about their new costumes.
16. Renai Circus: I got so excited the first time I heard this song thinking it would be techno! I always wanted Team B to do techno, since I figured A was pop, K was rock so they should do techno. I was obviously wrong in thinking all that lol but it would’ve been awesome. Anyway, this song is really hyper and cutesy, in new B style. I don’t know if I love or hate the outfits, I obviously love anything with music notes in it, but they are way too sparkly for my taste. They’re mostly cute though.
17. MC by Team K: My babies <3 They are so over the place as always, I can’t ;A; New outfits! They say they look like adventurers in them (they do look a bit Final Fantasy inspired to me, which is awesome) and then more excitement about being in Seibu Dome.
18. Boku ni Dekiru Koto: I like this song, it’s nice, but I desperately wanted something fierce like ALIVE so I was disappointed. The lyrics are cute and meaningful but the music of the verses is kind of forgettable. Chorus is better, and the dance is simple but works. Wasted potential for Shin K but well, apparently japanese fans hate fierce songs so there’s nothing that can be done about that.
19. Overtake: Team A are so badass that they don’t need MC time. Kidding, maybe. These are my favorite new outfits, the black and white looks great and I love the poofy skirts. This song is the definition of bland though :/ And I kind of hate the lyrics of “You’re not popular because you don’t work hard” blergh.
20. MC by Team A: Oh look, their MC. They talk about how Seibu Dome makes them think of Mocchi because she likes baseball. Then they don’t believe Haruna that she’s a baseball fan, and the conversation turns to who is from Saitama, and the whole crowd cheers so Takamina calls them liars but Haruna is happy lol
21. Banzai Venus: YAY! My second favorite SKE single! This song is so under appreciated, it’s awesome! The outfits are kind of meh though, but I don’t care because I’m totally dancing along to this! Whoopee! Oh it was no senbatsu I didn’t notice until the end lol I suck.
22. Pareo wa emerald: Another amazing song. this one was a staple on my summer playlist as well! It’s great because it’s energetic but sounds different from most idol-y songs and is catchy. I love the costumes too, very original, and the color is to die for. My queen Airin looked amazing here!
23. 1! 2! 3! 4! Yoroshiku: All of SKE is performing this in a raised platform which makes me anxious that someone might fall off, especially because these girls really go all out! I really need to buy some SKE concerts, I’ve never watched one of those which is unforgivable of me ._. Since AKB has been sucking so much I’ve turned my attention to SKE but I’m not completely a convert. I’ll probably get there though
24. MC by SKE: They talk about how they shot Pareo PV in bikini for the first time, and say that it was embarrassing but ok. Please buy the single and such, whatever. Churi said NMB-san, aren’t they their Kouhais? The screenshot is not of the MC, btw. But wow that platform thing is scary O_O
25. Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujo: Ohhh this song is so groovy! I love it with all my heart haha. QUEEN NANA IS EVERYTHING. I should get more into NMB too, but it’s hard because they don’t have original stages Why am I like this even though nobody cares about stages anymore? I don’t know, I can’t help it. Don’t judge. Whoooo this song is my jam! I like to pretend that Oh My God and Oki Doki didn’t exist because the rest of SKE and NMB’s discographies is flawless >:D
26. Seishun no Lap Time: Sayanee’s voice is so soothing! This song sounds like a stage song out of H1, I like that. The dance is pretty cute too.
27. MC by NMB: Sayanee is so eloquent! She thanks everyone and asks for support.
Disc 2 coming right up!
Hi everyone! happy new year! Sorry about the lack of posts but uhh my waning interest in AKB and my hectic real life have been a bad combination this holiday. However, one of those things has changed now with this event!
AKB is funny. When I actively try to find reasons to like them again they go and release Ue Kara Mariko, which is their worst single ever (obviously IMO, this is a blog everything is IMO etc.) and I try and order their Seibu Dome concert and the people in my building lose my parcel and all of that just makes me rage.
But when I’m already over them, they go and do something amazing, like this concert and I’m baffled and don’t know what to feel anymore xD I think I’ll just stop trying to analyze things and go with the flow… So here’s the set list and some comments from this year’s Request Hour concert, which in case you don’t know, it’s an event held every year in which fans vote for 100 songs out of AKB’s discography and they get performed during 4 days.
There are several things that made this AX different, the main one being that subunits (Watarirouka, no3b, Not yet etc) weren’t available to be voted for this year, and the other one is that none of the graduated members would be coming back this year Between this and the anniversary show which didn’t have graduated members either I’m pretty sure they won’t be coming back for any AKB stuff anymore, which makes me sad beyond belief. But anyway.
Here’s the set list and pictures thanks to HoneyRoastedPeanuts @Stage48
00. Guruguru Curtain (Nogizaka46): lol “rival” group coming through. Honestly, I love this song, it sounds retro and the Nogizaka girls are still unpopular so girls who sing decently are allowed in senbatsu. We’re finally understanding that instead of being “rivals to destroy” it’s like rivals in the sense that they help you improve or whatever, it sounds more aspirational than anything else so it makes a bit more sense
100. Theater no Megami (B5) (AX11 51): This one took quite a dive. The main theme of B5, a very cutesy song. Kinda meh tbh
99. Pajama Drive (B3 Watanabe, Hirajima, Nakagawa): This song didn’t rank last year so I’m incredibly surprised and happy that it managed to climb up again. I guess that with Mayu fans not having Warota solos to vote for they went for her stage units. I really like this song and B3 in general so I’m glad they made it.
98. Dakishimeraretara (K5 Kasai, Kuramochi, Sato): Another one that didn’t rank last year! I love this unit, it sounds so good! And the lyrics of the song are super beautiful as well. Original Team K is the best thing that ever happened to AKB, so I’m incredibly happy to see it well represented in this concert. Chiyuu <3
97. Dear my Teacher (A1) (AX11 86): One of the most iconic AKB songs yet it keeps falling and falling I’m glad that it made it this time anyway, even if just for nostalgia’s sake. Sad that there weren’t graduated members there to perform it but you can’t win ‘em all I guess.
96. Anata ga Ite Kureta Kara (Setlist Greatest Songs Kanzenban album song) (AX11 19): This is a very touching song and the PV with shots of the girls when they were just starting out in AKB was also really nice. To fall from top 20 to 96 is pretty tough but every year there’s so much more competition that just making it in is amazing in itself
95. AKB Sanjou! (A5) (AX11 97): This song managed to go up from last year! It’s one of my favorites, and the theme song of Team A and AKB as a whole for a while during 2009.
94. Higurashi no Koi (H1 Takahashi, Masuda) (AX11 79): I’m glad that this wasn’t performed by Team 4. Listen, I like Team 4 a lot, I think they are amazing, but honestly, this is the only chance we get to watch the original line up do it, while Team 4 do it all the time in the theater. Great song, it’s funny that it’s always hovering in the last spots even though it’s a fan favorite. I hope it keeps ranking.
93. Wasshoi E! (E1): Since people could vote separately for this or the original Wasshoi B! I’m glad that the SKE girls of Team E (who are great) managed to snatch this position! Great reward for their hard work.
92. High School Days (Team 4 and KKs from Koko ni ita koto album): I don’t like this song much, but any Team 4 presence in here is welcome, especially if they’re singing their own songs haha
91. Kataomoi no Taikakusen (B4 Nito, Komori, Yonezawa) (AX11 47): I love Moeno, so I’m glad she managed to earn this position for her unit song.
90. Seifuku Resistance (K5 Itano, Nakatsuka, Yokoyama) (AX11 37): Another huge drop for Tomochin’s unit, but my baby Yui manages to rank here with her unit!!! So proud of her!!!
89. To be Continued (K5): This one didn’t make it last year, but managed to appear this year. The lyrics to this song are so pretty and meaningful, I’m glad people appreciate it even though it comes from a stage. K5 was so underrated because it didn’t sound like typical idol music
88. 16nin Shimai no Uta (K4 Sato, Matsubara, Kobayashi) (AX11 85): Yiiiiihaw! xD I love this song with all my heart. It’s so campy and ridiculous! Introducing all of the Team K members with one of their main personality traits. Priceless! I hope it never stops ranking! Shame that the graduated members couldn’t be there for it
87. Seventeen (Greatest Sogs Kanzenban album) (AX11 66): Cute song! Also the last remainder of their amazing Defstar era.
86. Nakeru Basho (Beginner C/W) (AX11 56): DIVA the B-side sub unit shows up with this beautiful ballad. One of the prettiest songs of recent AKB and definitely one with fantastic vocals.
85. Ice no Kuchizuke (Flying Get C/W Itano, Oshima, Sasaki, Maeda At, Takahashi, Watanabe, Shinoda): This is one of 5 AKB songs I absolutely adored last year so I’m super glad it made it!
84. Hikkoshimashita (K6): More Team K!!! Always a great thing <3 This song is really meaningful to the girls because it’s about someone who moves from their old house and yet promises they’ll never forget their old friends. The girls relate to it because of the shuffle.
83. FIRST LOVE (Namida Surprise C/W Kato Rena) (AX11 16): Wow. I’m shocked that people voted for this even though Togasaki already said beforehand that Ono Erena wouldn’t be coming back to perform it. This is her signature song, so to speak, so it’s shocking that people still went and voted. Maybe they were hoping TGSK was wrong? Maybe they just like the song and it doesn’t matter who sings it? (I’m mainly on that camp, this is one of my favorite AKB songs ever). On the other hand, Kato Rena singing it! She’s a kks who has been heavily pushed lately, performing Nagisa no Cherry in their recent AKB Kouhaku concert and stuff. The thing is, she is the least energetic performer I’ve ever seen so she’s not going to be in my personal top 100 anytime soon I guess she’s being groomed to be the next Team 4 ace, since Minarun failed spectacularly.
82. Iikagen no Susume (Koko ni Ita Koto Akimoto, Katayama, Matsui Rena, Miyazawa, Shinoda): I guess people did like the album after all
81. Kimi ni Tsuite (Beginner C/W Maeda At, Kasai, Katayama, Nito, Matsui Sakiko) (AX11 28): MINT! <3 Their best song and all! Ohhh AKB fans are starting to develop good taste I see (j/k)
80. Blue Rose (K2 Akimoto, Masuda, Yamauchi, Miyazawa) (AX11 90): Blue Rose manages to climb 10 positions! ;_; So happy! This is a fantastic song, so legendary! Kinda sad that Meetan wasn’t there with her gold bikini, but Ranran is super hot and I’m sure she did great!
79. Sougen no Kiseki (K3) (AX11 75): This song is so meaningful and beautiful ;_; I cried like a baby when they sang it in Erena’s graduation ceremony. OMG so so so so happy with all the Ori K love!
78. Nagisa no Cherry (A2 Maeda At, Aigasa, Hasegawa, Murayama) (AX11 52): Surprised that Maeda fans allowed this to drop so much, but I guess they had too many songs to vote for and they spread too thin. The backup dancers are from HKT48 I think.
77. Overtake (Koko ni Ita Koto): I think this song has atrocious lyrics (like work harder unpopular girls, because that’s why you’re unpopular, you’re lazy lol) but it’s the Team A song of the album so I guess people wanted it in…
76. Koi wo Kataru Shijin ni Narenakute (S3) (AX11 96): With all the great group songs in S3 this is the one that ranks? I’m baffled. Especially because it actually went up from where it ranked last year
DIVA – Lost the Way: World premier of their new single, including new members (that hopefully will remain backdancers or I’ll have to kick Akimoto).
Iwasa Misaki – Mujin Eki: Enka princess of AKB sings her beautiful and incredibly sad debut song.
AKB48 – Flying Get: I don’t get this one lol They should’ve done BINGO or something that wouldn’t rank IMO, but this is the song the new fans know so I guess it makes sense. Poor Wasamin having to dance to this in a kimono xD
Expect the rest of the list later this evening or tomorrow because I have to study now xD See you then!
Next Page »
Warning: Swearing ahead. I swear like a sailor IRL and this is very stream of consciousness so read at your own risk.
So, here’s the thing. I received my copies of Ue Kara Mariko today, I had even forgotten about those lol I didn’t even want to bother with them because I kind of hate that single, and I regret spending so much money in it, but I decided that as long as I already have them, might as well open them and see what I got in the picture department, just out of curiosity because I’m never lucky with these things.
I open the bubble wrap, and turns out that the CDJ bonus pic is Reinyan plus Sakiko in their Danso gear. FYI, Reinyan is in my top 10, so I was happy and smiled a bit. Then I opened my Team B CD, because it was the first one, and OMG. I got a Yui picture you guys ;_; and it was just her face, smiling her beautiful smile and uhhh her eyes are so pretty and she looks so happy, I love her guuuuuuhhhh how could I ever think of leaving this fandom Yui needs me I literally gasped and started tearing up when I saw her picture. No kidding. Idols are SRS BSNS.
Then I opened Type K and there was Reinyan there. OMG. Another Reinyan picture ;_; And OMG she needs me too, because nobody remembers the time when she was in senbatsu any more, and because I love how much she loves Team K and she was Maimai’s best friend, and gosh I love Maimai guuuuuuhhhhhhhhh
And then I opened Type A and… there was a picture of Chiyuu ;_; who is my favorite Team B member and overall top 4. And I looked at her and thought of how lovely she looked and how she’s been so brave in the face of idiotic wotas and her pelvic disease and the inept shitbags of HoriPro who fail to push her. And how she cried so much when she was shuffled out of Team K because she loved them so much, but she still set out to do her best, even though she’s only slipping in popularity more and more. And I’m crying again you guys.
I’m not an emotional person at all, I swear this was all so weird… I don’t really believe in fate, but a coincidence like this? Wtf.
Anyway, I’ll wipe my tears and brave through the music and PVs of this single because of my babies. Because of Yui, Reinyan and Chiyuu. Yup.
So here you have it: The weirdest pseudo transcendental review you’ll ever read. Brought to you by the powers that be, who confabulated to include pics of Cat’s top 5 members in her otherwise hated Ue Kara Mariko CDs in order for her to be touched and weep like a baby to the Kajiura Music iTunes is playing right now, and make her actually listen to and write a proper post about AKB’s music for the first time in months. Yup.
So, let’s start with Type A.
1. Ue Kara Mariko (Mariko from the top): I’ll be honest with you guys. I don’t think there’s ever going to be a chance for me to like this song for what it is. It sounds like UG stuff, especially like Dakishimechaikenai mixed with some verses straight out of whatever filler Stage song (lol Stage song. Good times.) The chorus is a little catchier but it still fails to impress me. Ugh the break is stupid. I hate it. I’ve heard it a million times before wtf. (also, I am aware that this is idol music, that doesn’t mean it has to suck though)
Also, I’m mad about the fact that this song is entirely about Mariko. I’ve never felt strongly about her either way. I know that there was a time where she was hated by a lot of international fans because of her absences from the theater, but I didn’t care about that much, since my oshi was Oshima Mai who was literally never around lol. I honestly thought Mariko would graduate before Mai, but that didn’t happen, she just never graduated and probably never will lol. I thought she could be funny some times, and sassy and all that was alright. But I never really cared for her, and honestly, I care even less now that there’s a whole song about her supposed “sadistic” character.
I get it, Sado was an amazing character in Majisuka, but come on. It’s not the unfairness of the fact that the whole song is about her, it’s the fact that I don’t care about her at all tbh. If this was a song about Reinyan I’d be all over it, seriously, but a song about Mariko? Bleh. And it sucks, to make things even worse.
Why do Janken singles always get the worst themes? Ugh. At least Chance no Junban is a cheer up kind of song that you could possibly relate to, but this? lol whatever.
Move over Namida Surprise, here’s the worst AKB A-side ever for me!
2. Noel no Yoru (Noel’s Night): You see, AKB is such an original group that they repeat everything they did last year. Including the B-sides of their singles and their tie in campaigns. I’m overwhelmed by the sheer originality of everything they do /bitter.
I don’t really like this song. I’m annoyed that Maeda gets the only solo line (wrong fandom to be in amirite amirite) and the synth sounds like a really cheap H!P B-side.
Yoyaku shita Christmas at least had a memorable melody line. Or I’m biased and in denial.
Oh wait, Yuko gets a solo too! I LOVE THIS SONG lol j/k. Anyway, let’s give credit where it’s due: It’s always nice to hear something different from the 5 person lines in every other AKB single or B-side. And the little almost a capella verse is cute.
Verdict: Cute but completely forgettable and someone needs to destroy that synth.
3. Rinjin wa Kitsuzukanai -Team A- (The Neighbor won’t be hurt): I can’t write that third word in the title to save my life. This song is right up my alley <3 It sounds dark and mysterious and I’m absolutely head over heels with it!!!! Why can’t A-sides be like this? Obviously Akimoto gives his best song to Team A because lol he doesn’t even pretend he cares about the other teams. Sucks to be a fan of anyone else (especially Team 4)
I don’t even know what else to say about the song, I think it’s musically interesting in the way the verses are organized and the little refrains, this is totally going to be my jam this winter (although there aren’t seasons in my country )
Now let’s do PVs Since I didn’t care for this single AT ALL after listening to the preview of the title track, I’ve never watched them. I might have had an epiphany of Team K love with the pictures that came with the single but even that won’t make me screencap it right now xD
1. Ue Kara Mariko:
Basically… The PV is amazing I can’t believe this awesome video was paired with such a stupid song lol.
So we get a little bit of back story (just the way I like my AKB PVs <3) where we see Minegishi, Fujie and Kobayashi (a KKS) talking about how they are selecting the next class president through Janken, and Miichan is obviously stoked and being her usual “shaku” self. Reinyan is a bit unsure of how she’d do at it, and then they see Mariko the teacher walking by, they all admire her and think she’s really cool and whatever.
Then there’s a scene where a discouraged Reinyan is praising her cool teacher and Mariko tells her that they are very much alike, but Fujie doesn’t believe it. Shinoda says “Hair ornaments suit you”. Apparently, when Mariko was a student she won the tournament and became class president.
Then we move to the actual tournament, and it bummed me a bit that the girls who placed lower in the ranks aren’t included in the story part. Mostly because Maeda Ami fails to impress me and there’s a ton of her instead of Suzuran, Mizuki or Chiyuu who are girls I really like lol. Better luck to my favorites next time I guess… The funny thing is that they managed to leave the SKE and NMB girls almost completely out of the picture (NMB girl is also really uncharismatic from the 2 secs of screentime she got) but I’m sure that if Jurina had placed even last she would’ve been center or something. Oh Akimoto, you are such a rascal.
Anyway, the tournament goes on and on until the final between Miichan and Reinyan, and we get to see Fujie sulking in the floor thinking she’s never going to make it, and then Mariko comes in and without saying anything, pins a white flower ornament in her hair and smiles at her. We see some sort of flashback that Mariko was wearing this ornament and a white dress when she won, then Reina *~miraculously~* changes into the white dress and beats Miichan, everyone is joy joy happy and I’m smiling like an idiot
Sayaka in senbatsu makes me happy btw, and Mariko’s performance in this was flawless and made me like her more.
I still hate the song though. And I think that Mariko is a terrible center for some reason when I was watching the live performance she didn’t catch my eye even once. But well, this is her moment in the spotlight let her enjoy it.
2. Noel no Yoru:
Standard fare of girls doing christmasy stuff, pretty cute except for the fact that they gave Yui the worst outfit I have ever seen in my life ughhhhh. Also Sumire and Lovetan <3 Cute.
I kind of hate how washed out they all look with their pink and white outfits and honestly that furry thing in the hem of their hats looks cheap.
Takamina needs to dye her hair a darker shade again, light hair has never done it for her IMO.
And well, yeah, none of this matters because you see, this is the second time in recent AKB history that there’s a shared center between Maeda and Yuko I guess Ota Pro just pestered them to do it this way because of Yuko’s drama (which I totally haven’t watched lol I’m the worst fan ever) but I really really hope this continues because Yuko is amazing and she should be center. I don’t even care about sounding biased or hurting somebody’s *~feelings~* by saying that. I’m a badass like that.
3. Rinjin wa Kitsuzukanai:
Team A was conceptual and pulled it off beautifully with Kurumi to Dialog last year, and after hearing their song I wanted them to have a kickass PV and I wasn’t let down. I love the contrast between the dark look (both Maedas greatly impressed me with their beauty in this setting) and the pure innocent white dresses in the forest. I feel like there’s potential for a lot of symbolism in the video and I would like to go back to it when I’ve read the translated lyrics, but so far I’m a fan.
Now let’s move on to K version.
Here I’m going to tell a bit of a backstory (why the hell not, this is already almost 3000 words long lol). Last year was really tough for me, I was out of uni and had to move back with my parents and well, it was really hard. It’s annoying to have them pester you about the smallest things, and at some point things got really bad and it seemed like they just didn’t want to support me anymore. This was all around the time Chance no Junban was released, and ALIVE really really resonated with me with its lyrics about pushing forward no matter what, even if you are completely alone and if you feel like you can’t go on. I have a special connection to that song, and it made me anticipate this year’s Team K song a lot.
Ok, so after storytiem, here comes the review
Zero Sum Taiyou (I have no idea what this means lol): I like this song, sure, it’s not a rocking and head banging anthem like ALIVE, but it sounds really Team K-ish and I missed that kind of sound. Basically, this could’ve fit right in K4 and it makes me nostalgic and I want to cry again BAWWWW MY LOST YOUTH why am I so full of feelings today?
Anyway, this one is a bittersweet love song and I like how it sounds like something out of the 90s. Basically, I’m disappoint that it’s not the second coming of ALIVE (or Korogaru or Hana to Chire or MARIA or Blue Rose or KimiPega or Yume no Kane…) but I like the song for what it is and it sounds pretty cool.
Now the PV review:
This PV is so perfect <3 I was hurt that so many people hated it though I’m always hurt when people hate anything Team K does because I can’t deal with people hating on the things I like. Yes I need to grow up. Anyway, in this PV we have 2 parts, the first one is basically a dance shot, and the girls are all dressed up as guys in suits and ties and some of them wear hats and Sae makes me question my sexuality for the umpteenth time in this fandom but what else is new xD
My Team K bitches are so fierce man! Especially Yuko! Wow! Those dance sequences look kickass because of how many great dancers Team K has. Sayaka looks lovely too and ofc Yui my baby although she looks nothing like a boy. Also Akimoto, stop trying to make Tomochin happen, it’s not gonna happen.
I always forget that Tanamin, Yonechan and Nakatsuka are in AKB lol they looked pretty good in this PV though. And well, everyone else does too except for Miichan and that horrible hat. Yikes.
Anyway, the second part of the PV is where people started going wtf and hating on the PV. Here’s a picture of their costumes:
when most people saw that they went “lolomg peacocks? what is this?” but actually, they are dressed up as otokoyaku from the Takarazuka Revue. Otokoyaku are the women who play men, btw. I know next to nothing about Takarazuka and I would’ve probably been in the wtf camp if it wasn’t for the fact that Sae cosplayed as an otokoyaku for the AKBINGO Iromoea game a million years ago.
So yeah. Anyway, I love this concept so much! I know for a fact (not really) that Team K seems to be very popular with girls in the west but Idk if they have the same appeal in Japan. What I do know is that they are supposed to be the cool team, and according to many young girls in Japan, it doesn’t get much cooler than “Danso” (that is girls wearing boys clothes and acting like boys) so it fits.
Also, the song is sung from a male POV, but that happens with a LOT of AKB songs anyway so it’s not that relevant.
I just want to say that Yuko is an amazingly expressive performer and I could really feel the intensity of her emotions in the PV, which again reminded me of how much I love her. ILU YUKO NEVER CHANGE.
Finally, Type B:
Yobisute Fantasy (A fantasy where you call me by my first name): I like this song It’s cute and really bouncy and makes me smile! I was probably the only person in the world who loved Love Jump last year, and this time it’s no different. It kinda sounds like a shoujo anime opening from my childhood although I can’t remember which one. Anyway, it brings me happy memories and that makes me love it. There’s this weird part where they all say their first names but I didn’t even notice it until I payed really close attention xD It doesn’t bother me at all.
BTW, a little bit of context. In Japan it’s customary to call people by their last name unless you’re really close to that person, so the girl in the song wants to become so close to the person she likes that he’ll call her by her first name. Cute.
Now the PV review:
It’s really cute, and probably my favorite of the bunch! That might be because it’s also really fucked up lol There’s this really weird teddy bear that turns them from marionettes into real girls, and Mayu and Yuki are in love again and Chiyuu is perfect <3 I want all of their costumes too, this just looks so fun! It’s like what idol music should be like
Also, the theater version included Team 4′s song, Hashire Pengin, which was originally going to be the A-side until Mariko asked them to use a different song so they went off and wrote her the worst AKB song ever because she was a whiny bitch I’m kidding. But there might be some truth behind that…
Anyway, Hashire Pengin also sounds like an UG reject song, but at least it’s cute and way catchier than Ue kara mariblah. Oh well.
See you again next time, folks! I’m not preordering the stupid sakura single again because I wanted to kick myself when I bought Sakura no ki ni narou, so I’m just going to wait and see if I like it. Feels weird not to preorder it immediately after I’ve been doing just that for over a year though But now I have more money for spending on different things! Yay!
Also, real life is scary and I might get married what is happening with the world? The end is near.