Oct 27 2007
Now, without further ado… starting at number 10, my favorite Morning Musume Dances!
10. Go Girl Koi no Victory: It’s simple, it’s cute, it fits the song, and I like the way it works with the different colored groups shifting position. It makes for a nice picture.
9. Joshi Kashimashi Mongetari: A really fun dance. I especially like the little “WOW” pops. I actually learned this one myself for fun.
8.Shabondama: I like the freestyle quality of this one. You can look around and see a lot of different things going on, and it worked especially well with the PV and stomping in the water. I also like how it looks unchoreographed, but it’s actually rather complicated with the formation shifts and whatnot.
7.Kanashimi Twilight: Love the rock style, aggressive kicks and headroles, and how everyone isn’t doing the same thing at once for the majority of it.
6. Do it Now!: Lots of very interesting arm movements, and pretty creative with the beginning and end “pulsing” section. It looks great with a large group.
5. Onna ni Sachi are: I didn’t pick this one so much for the main chorus dance (which is okay) but for the musical interlude, particularly with the high kicks over some member’s heads. I didn’t expect that kind of move from MM. This is one of the most challenging looking Momusu dances.
4. Koko ni Iruzee: Another dance that’s kind of freestyle at parts. It’s just so… spastic! I love how much energy always goes into this dance, and watching it just makes me want to stand up and jump up and down or something. It’s pure fun.
3. The Manpower: Pulsing base beat, and agressive hip thrusting to match. This dance just seems powerful. The little finger twirls at “mysterious” are a nice touch too.
2. Renai Revolution: It’s kind of goofy, but it works! This one also has a good dance section in the musical interlude, and while the dance may seem a bit silly, it certainly is memorable.
1. Iroppoi Jirettai: I love this dance! The flourishing of the skirts and the strong movements are combined with a lot of sexy. The very beginning whispered section formations are genious, and the latin style dancing is totally different from any other Morning Musume dance.
There you go! 10 great dances! And now for the… not so great. Starting with the bad and going to the worst
5. The Peace!: I’m sure many of you love this dance,and I really do like the song, but I’m sorry, I think it’s mostly stupid looking. What are they, Charlie Chaplin impersonators/Nazis?
4.Hyoktorri Hontonjima: I probably spelled that wrong, but it’s okay, because I kind of hate the song. I know it’s a kids song, so I should probably be more forgiving, but the stupid repeated chorus with the stupid repeated arm motions really get on my nerves
3.Ambitious: It’s just jerky and awkward. The part where they air play violins looks dumb too.
2.Chokkan2: Miming that you’re fishing wasn’t sexy when Goofy did it in “A Goofy Movie” and it’s not sexy when MM does it either
1.Egao Yes Nude: WTF jigging!?!?!?