Jun 28 2008
Oh right. If I want people to answer my survey, I guess it’s only fair that I answer it myself. But… since I have two blogs, I’m going to answer it twice. Here’s the h!p version. The JE version will, of course, be in my other blog. Yeah, I’m cheating on my own survey, but I’ll make sure not to tell me so I don’t get mad at myself.
1. You have found a magical J-pop genie who will grant you one J-pop related wish (so no wishing for a million dollars or world peace or anything like that). It can be virtually anything as long as it’s directly related to J-pop, and don’t worry, because this is the nice sort of genie, not the kind who will try to find a loop-hole and screw up your wish. So, what do you wish for??? I had to put the hardest question first, didn’t I? Man I hate myself sometimes. Okay. I wish for Morning Musume’s next single to be a HUGE success and usher in a new era of high popularity for them.
2. Is there any J-pop artist or group who seriously pisses you off? If yes, who, and why? Koharu, Koharu, and especially Kirari. Her voice inspires me to violence, and I don’t think she even knows that there’s anything wrong with it.
3. Who do you think is the sexiest japanese singer out there? In h!p, Sayumi, but only in her photobooks.
4. How about the cutest? Momoko. Everything about her is tiny.
5. Best personality? Risa. She radiates sunbeams everywhere she goes (and Mayuge beams too)
6. If given the opportunity, would you rather date person 3, person 4, or person 5? Assuming I’m interested in girls that way (I’m not), definitely Risa. Momoko’s too young and Sayu’s too high maintenance.
7. You work for a Japanese music magazine, and you have the opportunity to interview your favorite artist or group. What are a couple of the questions you want to ask them? I would ask the Momusu’s what they really plan to do with their lives after they graduate, if they could do it all again, would they? (they got asked that on Utaban but it was anonymous and we haven’t heard from 8th gen), whether or not they would be interested in writing their own songs or having input in their concerts (see creative input post), and what they think is the worst costume that they’ve ever had to wear. Most of that would probably never get published, but I’d still be interested to hear the answers.
8. What’s the best (J-pop) song to listen to when you are really sad? If I’m wanting to wallow in sadness “Bye Bye Mata Ne” by Berryz. If I want to cheer myself up “I wish” or “Ai araba it’s all right”
9. When you’re really happy? “Koko ni Iruzee” while jumping around like crazy and totally belting out the “breaaaaaakthrough” lines. Guess what I did when I found out that I got a job teaching in Japan?
10. Do you often sing along to your favorite songs? Oh yes, but not usually when anyone can hear me. Mostly in the car, which is why I really enjoy long driving trips by myself.
11. How about dance? Occasionally.
12. Artistic integrity question!! If someone offered to pay you for blogging, but they were allowed to censor some of your opinions or veto some of your blogging ideas, would you do it? Honestly, probably not, unless it was a ridiculous sum. Some of the reason I started this blog is that I was sick of forums where if you say anything the least bit uncomplimentary about someone’s favorite little idol you’d get bashed into the ground for being so “negative”. If h!p had any say in it, the only things written about the girls would be completely sterilized for our protection, and I wouldn’t be allowed to do fun things like make fun of their awful costumes.