Mar 20 2009
The tour started today, and here’s the set list! Since I’m fully planning on attending at least a couple of these shows, it’s of special interest to me. My thoughts in purple.
Morning Musume Concert Tour 2009 Spring ~ Platinum 9 DISCO ~ Setlist
01. SONGS- So, absolutely no surprise that they opened with this. I like the intro, and it should be just about right to set the mood.
02. Naichau Kamo- No surprise here either. Seems like we’re getting the concert off to a bit of a melancholy start, doesn’t it?
03. Mikan- The emotional polar opposite of Naichau Kamo! I suspect that some people will be bemoaning the inclusion of Mikan in yet another concert set list. If I wasn’t planning on attending the concert, I probably would be too but, as I’ve said before, Mikan is a kick-ass song to see live. It gets a great crowd response, so I fully understand why they keep putting it in.
04. Egao YES Nude- Okay, single I haven’t seen live yet, but not one that’s very high on my list (See list at end of post). So “yay!” but not “YAY!!!”
05. Jounetsu no Kiss o Hitotsu (Takhashi Ai, Niigaki Risa & Tanaka Reina)- It’s a nice song, but I can’t imagine it will be very exciting live. Here’s hoping they prove me wrong.
06. Kataomoi no Owari ni (Kamei Eri)- Sorry, but I’m afraid this is my least favorite song from the new album. It’s nothing against Eri’s singing. I just think the song’s boring.
MC (Tanaka Reina)- Solo MC? I wonder what she’ll talk about.
07. Fine Emotion (Junjun & Linlin)- Now here’s a “YAY!!”. Looking forward to this one for sure. Panda power!
08. Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito (Mitsui Aika solo, Junjun & Linlin as backup dancers)- I like the song, and more JunLin is always good. I just hope Mittsi has gotten a bit better at singing it.
09. Yowamushi (Niigaki Risa)- Lord knows Gaki-san could be singing my despised “Hyokkori Hontonjima” or whatever it’s called, and it would still be a high point of the concert for me.
10. It’s You (Michishige Sayumi solo, Takahashi Ai & Kamei Eri as backup dancers)- Now this interests me. Eri and Ai, perhaps MM’s best dancers, doing backup for a rather sexy song. I’m afraid they’re going to steal the show from Sayumi. Another one to look forward to.
MC (Kusumi Koharu & Junjun)
~ Special Medley ~
11. Love Machine- Not retired? Huh? Well, haven’t seen it yet, I guess. Maybe it’s just the intro though.
12. Renai Revolution 21- Good, good. Certainly wouldn’t mind watching this again.
13. SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~- !!! I’ve got to go figure out the rest of the hand dance!
14. THE Manpower!!!- Yes!! This was on my list of singles I really want to see live in concert.
15. Aozora ga Itsumade mo Tsuzuku You na Mirai de Are! (Linlin solo, then the rest of the members joined in)- Lin solo? Sweet!
~ End of Special Medley ~
MC (Kamei Eri, Michishige Sayumi & Linlin)
16. Kousui (Kusumi Koharu & Junjun)- JunJun=awesome. Kusumi= DOES NOT WANT. So, I guess this song breaks even??
17. The Bigaku (Tanaka Reina)- Ayaya song? How did you get into a Momusu concert? Well, it’s a pretty good song, and Reina is a good performer, so I’ll give it a thumbs up.
MC GAKI (Niigaki Risa)
18. Yume Kara Samete (Takahashi Ai)- Another slow ballad solo for Ai-chan. Sigh.
19. Take off is now! (Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa & Tanaka Reina)- They’ve performed this at the last two concerts now. Wonder how they’ll change it up.
20. Guru Guru JUMP (Kusumi Koharu, Junjun & Linlin)- Total fun, and they seem to be getting more and more into it with each rendition.
21. HOW DO YOU LIKE JAPAN? ~Nihon wa Donna Kanji Dekka?~- Hell yeah! I didn’t expect this to pop up again when I was still in Japan. Soooo very excited to see this live.
22. Resonant Blue- Don’t get me wrong, I really like this song, but I think it may be time to give it a rest for a bit. Kinda getting sick of it, to be honest.
23. Love & Peace! Hero ga Yattekita- I love songs that give the girls a chance to be silly and interact with each other. I’m sure this will be a new and different performance at each and every show.
24. Sono Bamen de Bibiccha Ikenai jan!- Well there’s a surprise. Not that I object, mind you. It’s a really fun song.
25. Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou?- I suppose they’ll be doing the album version with harmonies and everything? Well, it’s certainly a beautiful song, though maybe getting a bit overused already. Since it’s on the album it kinda had to be here though.
Overall, this concert has a darker and more mature feel than Resonant Live. I mean, there’s some fun stuff, but right from the get-go the serious songs seem to far outnumber the silly ones. There’s a lot to look forward to here…but I really prefer the Resonant Live set list for a few reasons. 1: Not so many solos. I really prefer group songs. 2: Being a girl, I’m not as attracted to “sexy” songs as some guys might be. 3: Resonant Live had “Koko ni Iruzee” AND “Souda! We’re Alive”. That’s a combo that would be really tough for any concert to beat, as far as I’m concerned.
There are quite a few songs that I’m really wanting to hear Momusu sing in concert that haven’t come up yet. “I Wish”, “Do it Now”, “Shabondama”, “Kanashimi Twilight” and “As for One Day” to name a few. Ah well, guess there’s always the next concert.
I don’t want to end on a bad note. I’m super duper excited that concert time is drawing near! I can’t wait to get a hold of an audio rip!
EDIT: One more thing. Morning Musume is due to have a new single released toward the end of this concert tour. Should we expect it to be added to the set list later on (or replace one of the existing songs?). I believe they added Mikan in the middle of a concert tour when it first came out.