The 2nd Edition of the AKB48 Visual Books were released last week. So far I have received the Team B version, and should have the other 2 any day now. BTW, a memo to management. How about an SDN48 Visual Book???
I can only imagine how awesome the other two books are because Team B’s is amazing. I have to give props to Nacchan for having the most adorable photoshoot I have ever seen. But this is about Wasamin. You know, the girl that talks to refrigerators?
A big Thank You to my new hero Hana at Nihongogo.com, who is in the process of translating the “48 questions” for each member. Luckily Iwasa Misaki shows up first alphabetically for Team A, so here are her questions.
Getting to know more about Wasamin, I’m so excited!!!
Iwasa Misaki: A powerful girl who gives it her all when it comes to singing and dancing
What’s your nickname?
What’s your catchphrase?
- 10th grade! 15 years old! I’m “Wasamin”, Iwasa Misaki!
What’s your charm point?
- My hands are chubby
Why did you want to be in show business?
- I admired Morning Musume
What’s your personality?
- I talk to people that I take to. I’m also spaced out a lot.
How old were you when you had your first love? How old was he?
- Kindergarten. So was he!
What are your hobbies?
- Singing. Manga & games.
And your special skills?
- Dance, Singing
Have you ever learned anything?
- Dancing, Singing, Caligraphy
What’s your favorite food?
What’s your favorite drink?
- Hot chocolate
Who is your favorite artist?
What’s your favorite TV show?
- Mechaike, Music Station
What’s your favorite magazine?
- Seventeen, Popteen
What’s your favorite season?
What’s your favorite brand?
- Glad News
What’s your favorite town?
- Ones like Harajuku or Shibuya
What’s your favorite type of guy?
- Definitely someone funny!!
Who is a member that you’re close with?
- Komori Mika <3
What clubs are/were you in?
- Basketball (elementary), Table Tennis (7th grade)
What subject are you good at?
- Social studies was tolerable? And English?
What subject are you bad at?
If you could compare yourself to an animal, what would you be?
- I’ve been called a hamster
What’s your ringtone?
- It’s on vibrate 24/7
What’s a site you check often?
- Togasaki’s Blog
What’s something you’re hooked on?
- Kingdom Hearts
What was your most expensive purchase?
- Buying in bulk at 109, from top to bottom.
What would you do if you had a week off?
- Take a vacation to Tokyo Disneyland with my friends!
What’s your favorite AKB single?
- Oogoe Diamond
What’s your favorite AKB stage song?
- End Roll
What’s your favorite outfit?
- RIVER’s outfits
What’s a memorable stage show or concert for you?
- February 28th, 2009, the day I made my debut as an understudy at a Team B show
What’s something good that’s come from being in AKB?
- I can sing and dance a lot!
What was the hardest thing about being in AKB?
- When I had lessons from morning to evening.
Who is your oshimen?
- Noro Kayo, Lovetan
Who is someone you respect?
- My parents
If you could make a law, what would it be?
- It’s OK to eat snacks, even in school!
Say something to AkiP!
- I’ll keep running through at full strength!
Say something to your team captain!
- Please continue to scold me.
Say something to the management!
- Let’s do shows at G-Rosso!
Say something to BLT!
- I’d love to do “U-17” again…….
Say something to the fans!
- I’m thankful to every single one of you!
Comment on the new teams!
- In any case, I’ll do my best by dashing forward headlong into it!
What’s your future dream?
- To be a solo singer!
What’s something that AKB has that other idols don’t?
- It really is everyday! We work hard at the theater.
What is the theater to you?
- The source of my energy
What are idols to you?
- People you look at and receive energy from
What’s AKB to you?
- A school where I learn really important things
Writer’s Tweet: CHECK IT CHARACTER
If you see a show, you’ll understand her real seriousness. She loves singing and dancing, and the moves on this girl who has an interest in AKB48 are perfect. You can really feel her 7~8 years of experience. Her singing, something she had already learned for 2 years prior to joining, had already been verified through the Kagekidan. ** Apparently she also writes lyrics as a hobby. She’s worried that, due to never having worn a skirt, her talent as an idol is near zero, but having girls with various characters is what AKB48 is.
I think the writer’s tweet says it all. Despite her age, her experience of training at such a young age shows whenever she performs. Because of this I sometimes forget how young she is. This is why I love her responses to the questions. It shos that she really is still a kid at heart. Way to go Wasamin!!!
CK in California