About me, huh? I’m the guy who rarely writes here. Hi.
In the end, I’m just a regular everyday normal guy. I like my women passionate, my music thought-inducing, my books deep, my movies awesome, but I rarely stress these things. I keep cool, and don’t really worry about things. I love people; talking, laughing, hate, joy, pain, etc. etc. Experience is the key and making this life memorable, if it so happens to be the last we get.
I’m pretty casual at writing, so I won’t really write here that often, but when I get the spark, I’ll open up here. With each text, I hope I’ll improve atleast a little bit. English is not my native tongue, so more often than not, my syntax might be fucked up. Don’t worry about it!
One of the most important hobbies to me has always been music in all of its incarnations. From the minimalistic ambient dronings to the soul-crushing satanistic brutal death metal. I like my music made with real emotion, so if I don’t sense any real passion in there, I’ll move on. I dislike hipster-sensibilities and artsy fartsy pretentions. Music shouldn’t be about the fact that if it makes you look cool, you should atleast pretend you listen to it. I could give some examples of this, but maybe I’ll leave it to be discussed in a post some other day?
As of the moment of writing, I’ve been into hip hop music a lot lately, mainly guys and gals who focus on lyrics the most. I’m intensely interested in how to make words flow from your lips naturally. Doesn’t really matter that much which language they’re speaking, but english and finnish are the ones I like the most. Poetry is meant to be sung and said, and not trapped into a sheet of paper. So if most of my posts are about hip hop, don’t wonder why!
Years ago, I fell in love (I rarely do) in this one poem by William Wordsworth. I think he’s pretty big in the whole romanticism scheme or something (I don’t care know), but this is the only thing I’ve read from him. It’s about this guy who wonders why this other dude is just sitting there, not really learning anything, but just relaxing in the woods. I suppose it’s some sort of an anecdote about living the life just feeling it and learning from nature (blah blah blah), and not necessarily from books. Anyways, there’s this one line I love above all else:
The eye—it cannot choose but see;
We cannot bid the ear be still;
Our bodies feel, where’er they be,
Against or with our will.
In other words, he doesn’t need other people to tell him how to feel, and why. He just is. Chillin’, if you will. He’s taking it all in. I like that. You can read the whole thing here.
Well, let’s continue with some irrelevant statistics:
- Name: Ville
- Info: Male, 20yo, from Espoo of Finland, a probabilistic atheist and a epistemological anarchist.
- Music? Aesop Rock, Dälek, Asa, Nujabes, Huge L, Nile, Flying Lotus, Alice in Chains, Danko Jones, Nirvana, Corrosion of Conformity, Down, Tool, RJD2 (pre-2007), Blue Scholars, Guru, Laineen Kasperi, Electric Wizard, Yakuza, Jätkäjätkät, Warren Zevon, The Herbaliser, Madlib, Mudhoney, Faith No More, Bonobo, Lily Allen, Tricky, Talib Kweli, Coldcut, Tenhi, Opeth, Bloodbath, Sikth, …
- Books? Terence Mckenna, Robert Anton Wilson, Umberto Eco, Ursula Le Guin, Michael Moorcock, Mervyn Peake, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Cormac Mccarthy, Roger Zelazny, Kurt Vonnegut, Albert Camus, Henry Miller, Irvine Welsh, William S. Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, Philip K. Dick, Pentti Saarikoski, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, etc..
- Movies? David Cronenberg, Harmony Korine, Peter Greenaway, Jean-Pierre Melville, David Lynch, Darren Aronofsky, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Roman Polanski, Christopher Nolan, Ingmar Bergman, Chan-Wook Park, Takashi Miike, Fernando Meirelles, Kim Ki-Duk, Jim Jarmusch, Takashi Kitano, David Fincher, Stanley Kubrick, Hayao Miyazaki, etc.
- You can find me hangin’ around here:
Last.fm – add me!
Twitter – why not here too?
Top 500 movies list on Listal – a never-ending project I’ve been working on. Only movies that qualify as awesome need apply.
Delicious – a collection of my favourite bookmarks.