Hi, delrey28 here. My real name is Roy in case anyone is interested. I’ve been asked to write a little about myself for the blog. So, here goes…
As is inferrable by my involvement with this blog, I really like metal. Now, when I say “metal” I do not mean the pussified shit you hear on mainstream radio. That stuff is like soft-core porn: sure you get a glimpse of some titties, but where’s the real hardcore fucking? I want penetration, you know? So, my metal interests are more … extreme in nature. Now, don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice soft-core experience from time to time. I mean, I like all music really. But, when given a choice between Stryper and Cannibal Corpse, well I don’t need to tell you what I’d typically pick.
I’ve always been a bit of a musical extremist. I am highly motivated by statistical density in music. So, when Decapitated plays a brutally killer riff over a straight 4 beat and then shifts the 1 to a note in the middle of the bar and goes into double time on the same groove, I get intensely happy. But, it’s important that I stress that I am not limited to metal only. Metal is just one of the most prevalant of many musics that I seriously connect with. With metal I can satisfy that part of me that fantasizes about ritual sacrifice, mass murder, psychotic episodes of homicidal rampage, and general brutality of the most extreme kind. It’s fun!!!
In addition to my love of brutal death metal and grindcore, I have an intense fascination with plasticine girly J-Pop (with a heavy emphasis on Hello!Project). It makes me oh so happy. The irony is that I have more success getting people to give songs like “Hammer Smashed Face” and “Homage for Satan” a chance than I do songs like “Dance Suru No Da” or “Sou da! We’re Alive.” What the fuck is up with that? You would think that people would be more prone to accept Gaki-san than they would George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher.
So anyway, how ’bout some stats:
- Name: Roy T. Martinez
- General: Male, born 09/13/1977 (yep, 31), hispanic/caucasian
- Religious preference: I really don’t think about invisible men in the sky watching over everything I do all that much.
- H!P origins: Don’t really remember an exact date, per se, but it was somewhere in the middle of 2007 when I first started studying Japanese more seriously
- Fave H!P girls: Kago-chan, Yossie, Mikitty, Ayaya
- Other Japanese artists that interest me: Melt Banana, Limited Express (has gone?), Koenjihyakkei, OOIOO, Ikimono Gakari, YMCK, YMO, Le Silo, Perfume, Ai Otsuka, various Enka throughout the ages.
- Fave metal bands: Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Decapitated, Aeon, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Slayer, Sepultura, Despised Icon, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, etc.
- Fave other bands/artists: Frank Zappa, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Anglagard, Pink Floyd, Allan Holdsworth, Frank Gambale, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Phish, Cannibal Ox, El-P, Aesop Rock, Eric B and Rakim, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Public Enemy, N.W.A., Geto Boys, Ladytron, Tortoise, Bjork, Igor Stravinsky, Anton Webern, Joe Hisaishi, etc.
- Single most important song in my life (most easy for me to identify with): “The Black Page pt. 1″ – Frank Zappa
Other places I can be found lurking on the interwebs:
- #wotachat – seems I’m always here these days
- Skype – my Skype ID is rmartinez1328 (I think)
- japandemic.net – My personal blog about Japan shit (which I fail at)
- CSMDP – the band I currently play in; come listen to our music for free!
- Twitter – yeah, twitter
- Facebook – yeah, facebook
- MySpace – yeah, mys- you know what? Fuck MySpace. I’m tired of getting friend requests from tits.